Pilates offers an array of unique opportunities to grow in your physical, mental, and spiritual journey. Unlike other workouts, it’s a form of mindful movement. In today’s episode, Lindy Royer, Physical Therapist, Pilates Instructor, and Robin’s mentor and friend, shares her journey of coming to know and practice Pilates.
Robin and Lindy discuss the power of the brain, rewiring our brains through mindfulness, creating a positive space in Pilates, and the mechanics of pain. Join Robin and Lindy for unique insight into Lindy’s work and her experience as a mindful teacher and physical therapist.
Show highlights: what you can look forward to in this episode!
- Lindy shares her backstory
- Lindy discusses how she changed her life after her divorce and years of alcohol abuse
- Pilates was reintroduced to Lindy during her rehabilitation and she’s never looked back
- Robin and Lindy discuss the internal journey of Pilates
- Lindy shares the benefits of incorporating Pilates into your daily routine
- We have the power to rewire our brains
- What is pain and what causes it
- The importance of learning It’s important to learn to listen to your body.
- How Pilates has impacted Lindy’s life off the mat
Links in this episode:
- Try Pilates with The Balanced Life Sisterhood Click here to start your 7-day FREE trial!
- The Balanced Life
- The Balanced Life on Instagram
- Lindy’s Website
Share this podcast episode!