The way you stand, sit, or even walk can be impacting your health in ways you didn’t even know. Our posture affects the way we breathe and, in turn, our health. Addressing your breath and posture is one of the best ways to optimize your long-term health.
In this episode, Robin shares how our breath can affect our blood pressure, circulation, energy, focus, and much more. She also shares how we can use it as a tool to reset our nervous system and manage stress. Join Robin to learn more simple strategies you can do to improve your health and wellbeing by focusing on breath.
Show highlights: what you can look forward to in this episode!
- Indicators that you may not be breathing properly
- The importance of breath
- Why breath is integrated into the Pilates practice and how we can use it as a tool
- How Robin has used breath work to reset and combat anxiety
- The effects of shallow breathing
- How does your breath affect your pelvic floor
- Ways posture can improve our health and our breath
Links in this episode:
- The Balanced Life
- The Balanced Life Sisterhood
- The Balanced Life on Instagram
- A guided meditation for motivation + self-care
- The Balanced Life Sisterhood Workout Library
- Sign up for the FREE 5-Day Pilates Strong challenge!
- Interesting study on this topic
Share this podcast episode!